First Night at the Damascus Community Recreation Center
All told the first night at Damascus Recreation Center seemed to be a success. There were a few minor issues, but nothing that can't be tackled easily in time. The room was nice and roomy enough for all of us, and the facility seemed to be all we could ask for.I want to thank everyone for helping clean up afterwards.
Some things we need to remember for next time:
- We should bring in a recycling bin for cans
- We should bring a cooler/ice bucket as the icemaker is a little ways away
- We need the remote for the TV/DVD for the kids
There were a few regulars not there, and when we came back home, we discovered we had missed phone calls from both John and Jennifer. I will need to make more effort to get in touch with them this week and make sure they are aware of the change in venue. I also
need to make sure to let Dan know...
The gym was available for the kids, and they used the game room to play video games and watch TV. The pool, foosball, air hockey and ping pong tables went unused, but I suspect they will get used in the future.
- Through the Ages (which took ages, but all the players said was very good -- Scott F1, Calvin, Rapheal, Bryan)
- David & Goliath (David, Noreen, Scott P, Raphael, Rose, Lance)
- Metro (Melinda, Ruben, Noreen, Percival)
- Yspahan (David, Lance, Rose)
- El Grande (Bob, Carol, Lance, Marshall)
- Leonardo da Vinci (Scott F2, David, Scott P, Ruben)
- Taj Mahal (Bob, Carol, Lance, Marshall)
- Tichu (Rachel, Rose, Melinda, Noreen)
- Can't Stop (David, Noreen, Rachel)
- Don (David, Scott F1, Raphael, Bryan, Calvin)
- Tichu (Scott P, David, Noreen, Rose)