Thursday, February 06, 2014

Introducing the Kosmos Two Player Game Series


If you've joined us at GCOM Germantown, you may have seen a large number of small game boxes on top of my gaming shelves.  Here they are:



This is one of my favorite series of games, the Kosmos two player series. I don't own all the games in the series but I own twenty-seven of them, some of which I bought since I took this picture. In the interest of accuracy, a few of the games pictured above aren't part of the series since they're from different publishers, but they have the same box size which is why they're on that shelf. (Hey, I'm a practical guy.)

These are games of various themes and mechanics, but all have in common excellent artwork, easy rules, and challenging game play. Some, like BabelLost CitiesHera & ZeusJambo, and Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation, are among my favorite games.

A few years ago, Carol and I played through most of the Kosmos two player games, keeping track of who won. Some months ago we took up the challenge again and played through them all. Since our gaming group has many couples and two player games are always convenient, I thought I'd post some pictures, summaries of the rules, and the results here. If any of these games sound interesting to you, almost all can still be found either in a game store or on-line.

Coming up: Our first game was the very first one I bought, sometime in the mid-1990s, one of the most popular titles in the series, Lost Cities.


Posted by Bob on 02/06/14.

No comments: